Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, all Chandler Public Libraries will be closed through April 10.
All Chandler Public Libraries are closed through April 10.
What if my books are due?
- Chandler Public Library (CPL) extended the due dates on all physical items that are currently checked out to 4/30. You do not need to return your items at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and extend due dates accordingly. No late fees should accrue on materials that were originally due during the closure period.
Can I drop off my materials in outdoor book drops?
- No. The outdoor books drops at each of our four library locations will also be closed during this time period.
What if some of my holds are ready for pick up?
- Holds that are listed as ready for pick-up will remain on the holds shelf and be held until April 30 or one week after our libraries open. You will not lose your place in the holds queue for physical items.
Why can’t I place new holds through the catalog or the CPL app?
- Staff are unable to process holds on items in our library locations while we are closed, so to avoid a backlog, we are temporarily disabling the ability to place holds on physical items. However, you can still access and place holds on ebooks and eaudiobooks through the cloudLibrary app
Are there any library resources I can use while libraries are closed?
- Yes! The Library provides a wide array of digital offerings, including ebooks and eaudio, digital magazines, streaming movies and music, learning databases and so much more
Can I apply for a library card?
- CPL is pleased to offer eCards to our online users. Applicants who are Maricopa County residents can register and receive an eCard that allows access to our digital resources. When we reopen, eCard users may upgrade to a full-access card by visiting any of our four locations.
My library card is about to expire. How can I renew?
- All accounts nearing their expiration dates have been renewed until April 30 of this year.
Because of fines, I’m blocked from using your digital services. What can I do?
- During these uncertain times, CPL has lifted the blocks of all cardholders to allow access to our digital resources.
What if I have books that I want to donate to the Library?
- During the closure, the Library is not able to accept donations. When the Library returns to normal operating hours, donations will be accepted.
I have questions. Is there anyone that can help me?
- If you have questions about your account, our library closure, or how to use or digital resources, please reach out to Ask a Librarian or our call center at 480-782-2800
I want to stream movies, read ebooks and magazines online, but I’ve never done that before and I don’t know how.
- You can use your library card to gain access to all of our online content. Don't have a library card? You can get an ecard here. Below is a list of tutorials for most of our products online:
- ebooks and audio books on CloudLibrary
- Movies on Kanopy
- Magazines on Flipster
- Music on Freegal
- Lessons on Lynda.com
- Still having trouble? Call us at 480-782-2800 or contact us online and a staff member can answer your questions.
For updates and information about the City of Chandler COVID-19 response and resources available to the public and our business community visit chandleraz.gov/covid19