Current job Openings with the Chandler Public Library
Opening Date: 3/12/19
Closing Date: 3/26/19
First impressions are important and Library Greeters provide that welcoming, first impression for patrons. Additionally, Library Greeters assist patrons at self-check machines, straighten the Friends of the Library sale items, and act as monitors against theft, checking receipts when the anti-theft alarm sounds. Library Greeters also answer directional questions and assist patrons who come in with book donation.
Job Location: Chandler Sunset Library, 4930 W Ray Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226.
Hours of Work: Varied - includes evenings and weekends, up to 19 hours per week.
Essential Functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
• Greets customers entering the library.
• Assists customers using the library self-check machines.
• Presents a professional look and demeanor that communicates that we are a professional organization.
• Proactively inquires about customer’s library experience.
• Works a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
• Performs check of customers’ library materials when gate alarm sounds, rectifying issues.
• Answers directional and other library related questions from customers.
• Maintains appearance of work and public areas, including the shelving for Friends of the Library sale materials.
• Maintains a record of reliable attendance, arriving on time for scheduled shifts.
• Is flexible and adaptable.
• Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City’s Safety Handbook.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Standard public library procedures.
• Communicate in a positive and effective manner with co-workers and the public.
• Handle situations where a large number of customers want her/his attention at the same time.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Communicate with others in a manner that is clear and easily understood.
• Remain calm and diffuse tense situations.
• Work alone or in a team environment.
• Organize, prioritize, and pace tasks throughout the work shift.
• Work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
The work is performed under the supervision of a Librarian.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency.
• One (1) year customer service experience involving frequent public contact.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
The primary duties of the position are performed in a general office environment at the Sunset Library Branch.
Essential Physical Abilities:
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions, communicate effectively, and to hear sounds within the normal range of conversation.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions, and written documents.
• Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility, and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to sit for long periods of time, lift up to 20 pounds, and to work in a library environment.
Send your resume to:
THE CITY OF CHANDLER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION EMPLOYER
For job listings with the City of Chandler, visit the City of Chandler website