What is VERTEX? It's Chandler Public Library's new series of science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) programs. With a special focus on programs for kids and teens, VERTEX is committed to helping prepare students for 21st century careers in science and technology.
VERTEX programs started at the Downtown Chandler branch and select programs are reaching out to other branches. Take a look at what we have to offer at your branch! (Note: some programs require registration. Click on the calendar listing to get full details and to register.)
- LEGO Club (Ages 6-11) - Build your own creations with a variety of DUPLO and LEGO kits.
- STEAM Club (Ages 6-11) - Explore science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) through interactive centers and hands-on activities.
- Minecraft (Ages 6 -17) - Discover the world of Minecraft. Travel around the world to meet historical figures, or create your own world!
- Girls Who Code (Ages 12-14) - Girls come together to learn how to write code, with the help of local experts.
- Maker Days - Visit the Chandler Public Libraries to explore and discover a variety of STEAM topics. Bring the whole family!
- Create-Play-Learn (Ages 3-5) - Discover simple science and art concepts through interactive learning centers.
- Teen Create-Space (Ages 12-17) - Visit this open create-friendly environment where teens can experience a variety of new technologies, such as coding, 3D printing, and circuitry.
Chandler Public Library’s Vertex programs are made possible through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Grant. This project is supported by the Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records, a division of the Secretary of State, with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.