Two great collections with one login! Access full-page magazines with Zinio, and streaming movies from independent and documentary filmmakers with IndieFlix, all free with your library card.
Zinio offers free full-page magazines issues from Newsweek, Better Homes and Gardens, Brides, the New Yorker, and many more! New issues are released simultaneously with the print edition. Many are available before they arrive at your library and are ready for immediate download. Check out as many issues as you want and keep them as long as you wish - there are no due dates and no late fines!
IndieFlix provides unlimited access to award-winning shorts, feature films, and documentaries. With thousands of films to choose from across more than 50 countries, IndieFlix offers a viewing experience you can't get anywhere else.
How to get started!
Get started with Zinio:
- Go to chandlerlibrary.org and click Books & More - Zinio, then choose Zinio and click Learn More. Click Browse Magazines to enter the library's magazine collection. IMPORTANT: Leave this "Return to Library Collection" window or tab open, and check out all your magazines from here. (Otherwise you may be asked to pay for your magazines.)
- Click the magazine you want and choose your issue. (Back issues are available depending on when the library's subscription to the magazine title started, and all available back issues will display.) Click Checkout.
- Create an account with the library's Zinio page. Enter your library card number, then an email address and password. This is the account you'll use to check out your magazines through the library's website. It's the same account you use for IndieFlix (see step 2 below).
- Create a second account with Zinio.com. We suggest using the same email address as in step 3. This is the account you'll log in to at Zinio.com or your Zinio app to read the magazines you checked out in step 3.
- Optional: download a mobile app for easier reading on your tablet or device. Remember - you'll need to use a web browser to go to the library's website and check out new magazines, then read them using your app. (If you're being asked to pay, you're not on the library's website.)
Get started with IndieFlix:
- Go to chandlerlibrary.org and click Books & More - Movies, then "Start streaming here" under IndieFlix. Click Browse Films.
- Create an account with the library's IndieFlix page. Enter your library card number, then an email address and password. This is the account you'll use to log in to IndieFlix. It's the same account you use for Zinio (see step 3 above).
- Browse featured films or use the discovery tools on the left sidebar. Films stream directly in your web browser on your computer or internet-enabled device.