The week of April 9 is National Library Week, a time to celebrate American libraries and how “Libraries Transform.” How have libraries transformed your life? See what people are saying about Chandler Public Library, and share your own story.
- Not since I was a teenager have I even thought of the library. But when I needed the library (welcoming space, email/computer access, and fax capability), it was there waiting for ME! - Deborah A.
- I enjoy reading before going to bed, it helps me to relax from my day. Getting books from the library is a big help because I read a lot and could never afford to buy all the books, especially on a disability income. I love the library also because I do not have a computer and there is always one available to use. Thank you! - Maura M.
- The library has given me the opportunity to volunteer. It has been a great pleasure to help adults learn English and to see them able to speak to each other in their new language. It's amazing to realize my impact on their lives. - Kathy M.
- I really like books. I can play with the magnet gears. I love having someone read to me. It is fun here. - Donnie, a youth visitor
- I love the library because of a program called STEAM. I love to help the kids [as a volunteer] because it is gratifying and fun. I love STEAM also because of the children. They always put a smile on my face! - Zain, a teen visitor
- The Chandler Library has been an incredible partner in my journey as a parent. When I found out I was pregnant, it was the place I went for books on "What to Expect When I Was Expecting," baby name books and books to enjoy on the days when I just wanted to relax. After I had my son, the library was the place where we went to storytime so that he could socialize with other children and learn to enjoy books, while we checked out what other parents were reading to their children. The library has also become one of the places where he feels most comfortable and has the ability to be himself - searching for books, engaging with other children, playing on the computer. And, the books there still provide me solace and happiness. The library is a place of delight and wonder for my family and I appreciate it immensely. - Cynde D.
Is the library important to you? Do you have a story to tell? Share it here.