The May list of librarian favorites includes quirky love stories with non-traditional characters, new takes on classic themes and more. Find out more about each selection - and place holds - by clicking the title to visit our catalog, and see the LibraryReads website to read brief reviews submitted by librarians from across the country.
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
An autistic man and a Vietnamese bride on the slow path to love.
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
Sharing reading in a rural town in 1930s Kentucky.
- The Farm by Joanne Ramos
Pregnancy surrogates face complex decisions in a Handmaid’s Tale readalike.
- Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
A new update on the classic enemies-to-lovers tale.
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
Antagonism turns into love in this tale for fans of a good rom-com.
- The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna by Juliet Grames
A life story told through near-death experiences.
- Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs
The next chapter in the Mercy Thompson series.
- Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews
An estranged father, a high school frenemy and a Florida beach cottage.
- The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary
Can you fall in love with a roommate you’ve never met?
- How Not to Die Alone by Richard Roper
A lonely man wonders if there’s more to life than his public health job.
Which one will you read first? If you need help placing a hold with your Chandler Public Library card, give us a call at 480-782-2800.