The July list of librarian favorites includes new suspense, novels from recent history, and stories about books and the people who love them. Find out more about each selection - and place holds - by clicking the title to visit our catalog, and see the LibraryReads website to read brief reviews submitted by librarians from across the country.
- Layover by David Bell
A meeting in an airport turns into a missing person case.
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
A suspense story full of twists and turns and a shocking conclusion.
- Wanderers by Chuck Wendig
A pandemic is sweeping the nation, causing affected people to sleepwalk.
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
Nina likes her bookish life just fine, until it gets upended by a surprise family.
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
A powerful story about an abusive boys’ reform school in the 1960s.
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
In 1920s Mexico, a young woman unwittingly awakens a Mayan god.
- The Lager Queen of Minnesota by J. Ryan Stradal
A heartwarming and witty novel with a distinctly Minnesotan feel.
- The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins
A small-town librarian befriends a new girl from the city.
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin
Highly competitive professional colleagues are trapped in an elevator escape room.
- How to Hack a Heartbreak by Kristin Rockaway
A pithy and engaging look at women in the tech world.
Which one will you read first? If you need help placing a hold with your Chandler Public Library card, give us a call at 480-782-2800.