The September list of librarian favorites includes suspense, family and relationship stories, imaginative fantasy and all sort of romance. Find out more about each selection - and place holds - by clicking the title to visit our catalog, and see the LibraryReads website to read brief reviews submitted by librarians from across the country.
- When No One Is Watching by Alyssa Cole
A gentrified Brooklyn neighborhood becomes the setting for a sinister thriller.
- Battle Ground by Jim Butcher
Harry Dresden must defend Chicago from the biggest supernatural threat yet in this new series entry.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
A woman finds all her possible lives written into the books in a unique library.
- Monogamy by Sue Miller
A new widow discovers her late husband's affair.
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
Fans of The Starless Sea will love this exploration of a mysterious house.
- A Rogue of One's Own by Evie Dunmore
A classic love/hate romance in the League of Extraordinary Women series.
- The Roommate by Rosie Danan
A young woman moves across the country to live with her crush, only to have him line up a different roommate for her.
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
A woman turns to neuroscience to understand her brother's addiction and her mother's depression.
- Well Played by Jen DeLuca
Mistaken identity and online romance in the follow-up to Well Met.
- The Writer's Library: The Authors You Love on the Books That Changed Their Lives by Nancy Pearl & Jeff Schwager
A wide variety of authors talk about the books that influenced them.
Which one will you read first? If you need help placing a hold with your Chandler Public Library card, give us a call at 480-782-2800.