The May list of librarian favorites includes new romance, mystery and historical novels of the 20th century. Find out more about each selection - and place holds - by clicking the title to visit our catalog, and see the LibraryReads website to read brief reviews submitted by librarians from across the country.
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
Romance develops between two people who have seen each other on summer vacations for the last twelve years.
- Arsenic and Adobo by Mia P. Manansala
A Filipino restaurant is the scene of this fast-paced cozy mystery.
- The Bookshop of Second Chances by Jackie Fraser
Romance in a small-town Scottish bookshop.
- The Guncle by Steven Rowley
“Gay Uncle Patrick” becomes an unexpected caretaker for his grieving niece and nephew.
- The Invisible Husband of Frick Island by Colleen Oakley
A widow who acts as if her husband never died and the community that goes along with the delusion.
- Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau
A babysitter and her new celebrity clients in 1975.
- The Newcomer by Mary Kay Andrews
Murder, romance and quirky characters add up to a great beach read.
- Talk Bookish to Me by Kate Bromley
A romance writer finds herself in her own enemies-to-lovers romance story.
- While Justice Sleeps by Stacey Abrams
A Supreme Court Justice is in a coma and his law clerk is caught up in a mystery.
- The Woman with the Blue Star by Pam Jenoff
A World War II novel of Jewish families escaping persecution, based on true stories.
Which one will you read first? If you need help placing a hold with your Chandler Public Library card, give us a call at 480-782-2800.