All program ideas must be submitted at least 3 months prior to the proposed date for the program.
Staff will review your proposal upon its submission. Applicants will be notified by email of acceptance or rejection three weeks after the submission. Submission of the program proposal does not guarantee acceptance of the program.
Read below to ensure that your program idea is consistent with the Library's programming policy:
1. Library programs are free and open to the public and are intended to promote and enhance the collections, services and mission of the Chandler Public Library. Programs will encourage library customers to explore topics of personal interest and to continue to read and learn throughout their lives.
2. Programs are not used for commercial, religious, or partisan purposes. Programs are not used for the solicitation of business.
3. Library staff determines eligibility for a program by considering
- Community needs and interests
- Availability and suitability of physical space
- Availability of staff to assist with the program
- Presenter qualifications
- Connection to the library’s planned schedule of events or other community events.
4. External organizations or individuals partnering with the library on programs must coordinate marketing efforts with the library.
5. Any sales of items at programs hosted by the library must be approved by Administration.
To reserve a library meeting room for private programs or events, visit our Rent a Meeting Room page.
If you are a local performer, you may want to visit the Arizona Performer Showcase website to submit your show.